Thursday, September 9, 2010

Some nights it just works

After a couple of crappy nights that had left me feeling drained last night was phenominal.

Started with an early job out of Annerley only heading a short distance. I almost drove off as a no job but luckily decided to stop and have a quick look at the keyboard that I thought somebody was throwing out as hard waste. Keyboard and associated stuff around it looked way to nice for somebody to be throwing out and sure enough it belonged to a young musician who was moving house and had gone back upstairs to get another load.

It just kept rolling from that job. Wound up getting some really nice fares all night.

Even the regretta was nice to me. Black and White cabs are sponsoring White Baloon Day so our cabs have all had these stupid little flags on their windows. One of the passengers wound down the back window causing the flag to fall off onto Coronation Drive. The passenger was extremely nice and apologetic about dropping the flag. I explained to him that it didn't matter and that it wasn't his fault, it was the way the flags were designed. At the end of the trip he still insisted on tipping me almost $30 because he felt bad about losing my flag.

Ended the night on a high note too. Picked up a cover job from the Southbank Tafe. I was sure the fare would be gone by the time I got there, there had to have been heaps of cabs drive past on their way to West End before I got there, but luckily they were still waiting. It was a very pleasant surprise to get a young (18) year old girl who was extremely intelligent and articulate (even if a little [lot] drunk). It was such a pleasant change from the usual for teenage girls and reassured my hopes that the next generation will turn out fine just like the rest of us have (kind of anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment