Monday, September 6, 2010

Mother of a night


I picked up a lady from the International Airport last night heading into the city. Just before picking her up I had gotten myself a can of Mother before she had got into the cab and it was still in the drink holder when we started off. This caused a barrage of questions about why I was drinking mother, what I thought of it, did I know about the knew mother, etc, etc. I was a little bit bemused as to why this lady was so fascinated by this can of mother but she was nice and I tried to answer her questions with a good nature. Turned out she worked for coke and was the person who had designed the logos. She only told me this when we got to the end of the trip though so I didn't have enough time to work her for a free sample. I'm just glad I was drinking Mother and not one of the competitors brands.

The other fare of note last night was a young guy from out the front of the Normandy. I had picked up him and one of his mates from in the Valley on one of my first shifts as a cabbie and the guy remembered me. It took a little bit of prompting from him but eventually I remembered who he was. Him and his friend had been really nice on the first trip and offered some good tips on navigating around the northside. I offered him a small discount on his fare when I got him home but he did the opposite and gave me a nice little tip. I was worried about picking up from the Normandy because you usually get dickheads so it was fantastic to get a nice person. Hopefully I get to drive this guy home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment